I happened to visit Hemkund Sahib this month and these are my learnings from this trip-
1. It is a 44km trecherous trek from & to Govind Ghat. It is not for everybody. Even though you can choose your mode of travel in parts, it is still not for the faint hearted. This needs only & only a strong resolve.
2. The trek is not kept well. One of the reasons is locals need work during season and this many earn their livelihood doing mineal jobs. To generate employment, development work gets hampered.
In larger interest of local community, tourist and shrine visitors suffer. This leads to lower footfall and less business activity in comparison to other religious locations.
3. Mobile connectivity not available from Airtel, Vodafone. BSNL is available with poor signal quality. Jio actively spreading its fiber network in the region.
4. Electricity a problem in Govind Dham, 13km from Govind Ghat. Frequent cuts restrict trade. Power back up comes handy. Water supply adequate.
5. The vigour, professionalism and honesty of human resource especially locals here is phenomenal. People are dead honest to their work and do their best.
6. The scenic views are world class. It’s completely worth the effort you put in to reach the valley before shrine.
7. Ideal for personal development.
BIG LEARNING- Sages, Religious Leaders, Gods did not go to such hi-places for seclusion, solidarity and sage-hood. They went there to teach the league of men; that to lead your life well, you need to walk through the path of hell- with rocks and boulders, steps and floors, mountain and valleys. So for good life, keep walking.
Disagreements in life can happen anywhere, anytime and with anyone. What’s important is where to pull the plug and STOP.
People are there who go all out to prove their point. During the process, there is a high possibility that such self-righteous people, end up losing the original intended plot of the conversation leading to nowhere.
Its important hence to keep track of the correspondence and STOP . It is a good strategy thus far for amicable negotiations and constructive verbittle between two or more parties.
Therefore, guys, STOP when its needed. No point shouting it loud. It will never bring in consensus or closure.
Silence is the best recipe..at times. Cheers.
You should judge people with what they do TODAY and not by what they did in the PAST. Infact, you should never judge anyone to do the least. Self obsession and mindfulness are best strategies. Become the best version of you. Focus inward.
#entrepreneurship #success #donotjudge #lookinward #abconiq #abhayababbar #inspiredleadership #self #mindfulness #personaldevelopment
Radical Candor..pretty awesome huh. I have done it for years. My dad has been doing it with us for years. I think it is a very effective and it is definitely a progressive people management strategy.
#radicalcandor #peoplemanagement #peoplestrategy #hr #hrm #goalsetting #peoplemanagement #productivity #interpersonalskill #abconiq #abhayababbar #inspiredleadership